Header

Friday 21 November 2014

Tole Painting

Give me a paintbrush, some paint and something to paint on, and I am happy. 
I like simple, uncomplicated painting and this is what has drawn me to Tole painting. Tole painting is known in Australia as Folk Art painting and sometimes as Decorative painting. What's in a name? They are all beautiful painting.

I found that tole painting is a great way to teach people to paint. very often people love the finished product but have no idea how to get to that point. Because tole or folk art painting is so simple, or naive, people who have never painted or drawn before are happy to learn this type of painting. 


Once they learn the basics, they often take off into other styles of painting. 


Tole painting is made up of lots of little strokes. As you learn these, you learn very good control of your brush and how to manipulate the paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment